DigiCert S/MIME Certificate
Secure your email communications by encrypting and digitally signing your emails with the CA trusted by 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
DigiCert S/MIME Certificates make it easy to digitally sign and encrypt your emails—protecting your email communications from a variety of cyber threats.
Did you know that over three-quarters of data breaches were executed via email attacks (source: Verizon)? That’s why it is imperative to take all measures possible to secure your email. Implementing email security best practices (such as S/MIME certificates) protects your company, employees, customers, and all who interact with you from dangerous criminals.
How S/MIME Certificates Protect Your Emails
S/MIME uses a combination of digital signatures and true end-to-end encryption to protect your emails against a litany of threats, including:
- Theft of intellectual property and/or capital
- Damages to brand integrity
- Accidental data exposure
- Man-in-the-middle attacks
- Spoofed phishing emails
- And many other potential breaches of security, security oversights and forms of cybercriminal attacks.
Here's how the dual protection offered by DigiCert S/MIME certificates works:
- Digital signatures validate the sender. When you digitally sign your emails, the recipient will know that the email came from you, not an imposter or phisher. This protects your brand and helps users identify and avoid email phishing scams.
- End-to-end encryption protects the email contents. Most email inboxes are full of private data—customer records, company secrets, HR records, and more. If a hacker broke into your email system, they could steal all kinds of sensitive data! But with end-to-end encryption, even if a hacker manages to steal emails off your server, they won’t be able to read the email contents unless they have your private key.